Thursday 9 June 2016

This woman stopped shaving her excess facial hair and she’s never felt sexier

This woman stopped shaving her excess facial hair and she's never felt sexier

It took a huge emotional toll, affecting her confidence and her social life, as she hid her battle from friends.
But, eight months ago, she had had enough. The 39-year-old from Oregon decided to put down the razor and says she’s never felt sexier or more feminine.
Rose first became self-conscious about her facial hair when she was 13 and immediately started shaving.
Rose
Rose would wear long-sleeved tops and polo necks to hide her body hair throughout her teens and twenties (Picture: Michael Sullivan / Barcroft)
She soon found she needed to shave every day and so began an emotionally draining ritual that would last over 25 years.
She would wake up early to remove the hair before school and was unable to go to sleepovers with friends because she would wake up with stubble.

‘I didn’t realise the emotional impact until I was older. I just thought it was regular teen angst when I was young,’ she says, adding: ‘My friends did not know, I hid it very well. It was exhausting trying to keep it hidden.’
Rose 2
She would get up early to shave every morning so friends weren’t aware of her condition (Picture: Michael Sullivan / Barcroft)
Her mum was aware of what she was going through but didn’t really know how to help. She was put on the contraceptive pill and tried other medications to help reduce the hair growth, but none worked effectively.

She did have relationships, but found dating difficult. ‘I remember going to prom and my date kept stroking my face. I was so horrified that he knew my secret I broke up with him and left that social circle, so I wouldn’t be exposed,’ she says.
Although she has never had an official diagnosis, Rose believes the excess hair growth is due to a combination of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and genetics.

Source: Metro.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment